How many times a day do you let the word “should” stop you from doing something that you want to do? I’ve lost count of the number of times a client has said to me, during a wardrobe unclutter “I’ve been told I shouldn’t wear that”.
Having everyone else’s “should’s” and “shouldn’t’s” chattering away inside your head is a sure-fire way to end up feeling tired and uninspired. Take it from someone that’s been there, it’s not a great place to be in. Letting everyone else’s “should’s” rule my life, contributed to my burn out.
THE WORD “SHOULD”
- It sets unrealistic expectations, obligations & sense of duty
- Induces guilt
- Decreases the desire to do things
- Disempowers the person it is said to
- Doesn’t provide the space for people to make their own decisions
- Prevents people from accepting reality
- Instead of motivating to achieve, it makes the person feel as though they are not good enough
YOU CAN REPEL “SHOULD” FROM YOUR UNIVERSE
- Trusting your own instincts
- Being happy in your own skin
- Knowing what is important to you
- Removing the shoulder’s from your universe
- When talking to others; offer information and suggestions rather than stating that they should do something. Then, it is up to them to decide what they do with your suggestion.
What “should’s” are cluttering your universe?
If you’d like some support to remove the “should’s” from your universe you can contact me here